Although I’m a plant-based foodie that doesn’t mean I always spend hours in the kitchen preparing my food. Sometimes all I want is a quick, hearty, comforting pasta dish. Because just like all other normal human beings I love pasta. I have always opted for soba noodles or buckwheat spaghetti. However, the other day I bumped into lentil pasta in the supermarket and I was as happy as a kid. Nothing fancy needs to be added to this so I created a super quick and yummy red lentil pasta with courgette and lime.
This pasta recipe is delicious with the combination of fresh lime juice, red lentil pasta, crispy pine nuts, fresh arugula and zucchini. Simple, fresh and satiating. Red lentils are also a good source of plant-based protein, iron, calcium, and fibers. Win-win!
Vegan, gluten free, full with proteins, and ready in 10 minutes. Pasta lovers will love this recipe. It’s:
If you have never tried red lentils, you definitely should. They are tender, slightly sweet, cook very quickly, and go great with sauces and soups. They can turn a boring recipe into a filling and tasty dish.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or rate it, and don’t forget to tag your picture with #thegreencreator on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations. Enjoy!
- 170 grams (about 2 cups) of red lentil pasta
- half a liter of water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- an onion chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- two hands fresh rocket or spinach
- fresh parsley to garnish
- a clove of garlic, crushed
- juice of a fresh lime
- 50 grams (about 4 big tablespoons) pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- half teaspoon dried marjoram
- half a teaspoon of dried ginger
- half teaspoon of dried turmeric
- half a teaspoon of dried cumin
- Bring in a pan 500 ml of water to boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, fry the onion in the coconut oil in a wok. Toss the lentil pasta in the water and let it cook 8 minutes on medium heat. If the onion chunks are golden brown, add the zucchini and sweet peppers. Let it simmer over medium heat. The pasta should be ready after about 8 minutes. Pour off and set aside.
- When the zucchini, onions and peppers are warmed up (soft), add the lime juice, garlic, marjoram, ginger, turmeric, cumin, pepper and salt. Now add in the same wok the pasta and mix well. Only when you are about to serve the pasta add in the fresh arugula or spinach in the wok for a few minutes to soften up. And serve. In the same (empty) wok quickly heat the pine nuts and use them as a garnish for the pasta along with some fresh herbs such as parsley. However, I used quite a lot of pine nuts so feel free to mix and heat them thourgh the pasta while the pasta is still in the wok. Convenience rules when it comes to quick dishes!