There was no need to add ‘’gluten free’’ in the title because you all know all my recipe here are gluten free. Sometimes I just feel the need to brag ok? Especially during the holiday season where it seems to be impossible to eat a whole food plant based gluten free diet. I mean, try to match this in your head; holidays and gluten free, whole food plant based. No match. No match, at all. But these gluten-free almond butter Christmas cookies are an exception. No need to brag again, but they are very simple to make….just sayin’.
I also think they are extremely cute! Just too adorable too eat. But no worries I got over that and ate them all myself in a few days….No regrets. Oh and yes, they are also great to make with kids. I enjoyed them with a delicious cup of golden milk. Yum! And one spoiler. They’re not just delicious for Christmas… I mean different shape, different holiday, right? I see cute heart shaped Valentine cookies.Print
These Vegan Gluten-Free Almond Butter Christmas cookies are easy to make and so delicious and crispy!
- ¼ cup (25 g) oatmeal flour (or almond flour)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (but feel free to use peanut butter or cashew butter)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or date syrup)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Line tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- On the tray, fill the cookie cutters with the mixture, approximately 0,5 cm thick. You can use any cookie cutter. The mixture should be quite sticky.
- Bake in the oven for about 7-9 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool. The cookies will be soft out of the oven, but will harden up as they cool.
You can make oat flour by blending normal oats in a blender or food proccessor.