I have to say, there are everywhere more and more vegan /raw options available these days. And when I’m going out to a raw or vegan place there are many delicious options to choose from. One downside though, (almost all) sweet cake dishes contain enormous amount of nuts. Don’t get me wrong I love nuts, but why should I always eat such big amounts in once when craving something sweet? And what about all the people with a nut allergy? I think these nut free bliss balls might be a great recipe to try out.
I could eat buckwheat every day. It’s such a great way to provide my body with (in my opinion) the best source of high-quality, easily digestible carbs. And the taste is amazing as well, a combination of rice and wheat. But buckwheat is absolutely free of wheat, grain and gluten. It’s a warming (yang) food that I crave most in the winter. And it’s versatile. Sweet or savory, you can’t go wrong with this seed.
Dates are full with fibre and I honestly can’t imagine life without them. Besides the amazing sweet caramel taste, they give me at any time of the day instant energy. They contain calcium, potassium and magnesium besides vitamin A. A perfect on the go snack!Print
- one cup of buckwheat
- one cup of big medjool dates
- two big teaspoons of raw cacao
- For this recipe I would recommend to soak the dates for about 20 minutes in some water.
- In the meanwhile you can cook the buckwheat in water (two cups of water on one cup of buckwheat) until all water is absorbed. If you wish to make a raw version you can soak the buckwheat the night before in water. Rinse the buckwheat the next day very well in water.
- Alternatively you can add 3-4 drops of vanilla essence in this recipe and/or a little teaspoon of papaya powder.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or foodprocessor and blend until smooth.
- You can make a nice basis out of it for a cake or make little balls. I sprinkled them with papaya powder, but lemon juice or raw honey would also combine well.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
photos & recipe by the green creator (c) (copyright)