I probably shouldn’t say this, but I’m actually pretty lazy in the kitchen. I started The Green Creator to show that healthy eating is easy and not time consuming. If I can do it, so can you. And of course along my journey I started to enjoy cooking more and more, but I don’t think it’s necessary to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy. I made this pumpkin stuffed chickpeas salad, not just because I love pumpkins, but also because I love to eat according to the seasons. However, I was also craving a salad that day. So when the pumpkin came out of the oven I decided to scoop out the pumpkin puree, mix the puree with my salad and serve it in the pumpkin. The result is a vibrant colored autumn recipe that I made three times that week.
I also served this pumpkin stuffed chickpeas salad for friends as a side dish and they really thought it took me a long time to prepare this and oh… how they loved it! The truth is that it really didn’t take much time or effort at all…. This recipe is so simple, so delicious and very festive.
Pumpkin stuffed Chickpeas salad:
✔️ loaded with fibers
✔️ full with potassium (great after a hard workout)
✔️ creamy and heavier when served warm
✔️ tastes like an ”egg salad” and is less heavier when served cold
This is the easiest pumpkin stuffed chickpeas salad ever! Delicious, easy, nutritious and festive. Autumn never tasted this good!
- 250 grams cooked chickpeas (when from a glass jar rinse very well)
- a few tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 4–5 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- one small sugar pumpkin
- one tablespoon hempseeds
- one garlic clove, minced
- peper and salt to taste
- one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and/or juice from a lemon
- one teaspoon dried basil
- Wash the small pumpkin and cut in half. Scoop out the seeds and place (inside facing down) in a preheated oven. On 360℉ (180 ℃) roast the pumpkin for about 20 minutes (depending on your oven). When the outside changes color (dark orange) the pumpkin should be ready. Meanwhile cook or rinse and drain your chickpeas and combine this with the other ingredients in a bowl.
- When the pumpkin is done let it cool of and scrape (not all) the puree out of the pumpkin. If you scrape too much out of it you will not be able to serve the salad in the pumpkin since the skin will be too thin and tear. Mix the salad and pumpkin pieces/puree and serve in the pumpkin.
If you use a big/bigger pumpkin then the outside will tear more easily and you will not be able to serve this salad in the pumpkin.