The great thing about cookie recipes is that you can make it as simple or as complicated as you wish. Today it’s all about this quick recipe to satisfy those cookie cravings. These chocolate cookies are easy to make and you don’t even need a heavy food processor. Any simple blender will do the job. Pinky promise.
These cookies might look like brownies (they’re not), but they taste more like a healthy version of chocolate cookies. I always have a batch of easy to make cookies in my fridge that I can take with me while running errands. This quick blender chocolate cookie recipe hits the spot. These cookies are super fast and easy to make and even satiating. For me this is a great reason to serve these as a breakfast with a glass of cashew milk. Why not?
How do I make cookies in a blender?
Normally, for a typical cookie recipe you will need a food processor if the recipe includes dry ingredients. And a food processor is great for that. A blender will only be able to mix all the dry ingredients when you add a liquid. I’m not adding a liquid to this recipe, but I’m adding a fruit (a ripe banana), which will release some moist and will effortlessly blend it all up. You will end up with what seems like a chocolate smoothie. Do not panic! The oats will absorb and bind everything up again and after that the oven will ”dry out” the cookies. Makes sense, right?
This quick chocolate cookie recipe leaves room to adjust to your taste. Add more dates or raisins for extra sweetness. You can skip the cacao and add in more nuts or seeds if you like. Not that bad for a vegan cookie that’s also gluten-free (if you are using gluten-free oats), right?
These quick blender chocolate cookies are so amazing because
- you don’t need a high-speed blender or food processor
- a simple personal blender will work very well
- less washing up
- it takes 3 minutes to make the cookies (plus some time in the oven of course)
- these cookies can be adjusted to your taste
- they are the perfect snack
- perfectly sweet
- look like brownies, but this might be an issue if you don’t like to share your food though
Cookies for everyone! I hope you will make these quick chocolate cookies. If you do I’d love to see your cookie creations. Tag me on Instagram with #thegreencreator so I can easily connect with you.Print
Easy, delicious cookies without a food processor. These quick blender chocolate cookies are the easiest and quickest cookies to make!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup (50 gr) slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of raisins or 2 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (50 gr) rolled oats
- optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Blend the slivered almonds first. Very shortly (about 20 seconds), just to break the big chunks.
- Then add all the other ingredients to your blender except for the rolled oats.
- Blend until you have a semi-smooth substance.
- In de blender add in the oats and stir with a tablespoon until well combined. Don’t blend the mixture with the oats.
- Scoop out the mixture with a tablespoon and place a scoop on the baking tray. Per cookie you will need about 1 1/2 tablespoon.
- The shape doesn’t really matter. It’s a somewhat moist mixture so there is no need to model these cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 20-30minutes in the oven at 180°C. You can make them as crispy as you like. Try to leave them soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool off. You can sprinkle the cookies with more almonds and cacao powder if you wish.
Want to save this cookie recipe for later? Pin the recipe to your Pinterest board: