It is almost Christmas! I love this time of the year! Every year a long 11 hour roadtrip to visit family is part of December (I love road trips!). I love the thought of great food, family, laughter, streets full with Christmas lights and fingers so cold they seem to break off. Christmas is the time to enjoy! Also food wise. Don’t deprive yourself too much, but indulge in healthy recipes and follow these tips if you really seem to struggle this time of the year with staying on the healthy path.
I felt like making some Christmas bites, but then as healthy as possible. These no bake Christmas pistachio bites are super delicious, vegan, ridiculously easy to make and they melt in your mouth.
Do you love pistachio, but are you more into ice cream? You will love this recipe then.
- 1¼ cup raw peeled pistachios ( more or less 170 grams unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- dash of Celtic sea salt
- Clean the pistachios from their outer shell and blend them into flour in a food processor.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper pressuring the mixture flat. You can also use a wet tablespoon instead of your fingers.
- Put in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Cut out any form you like to create small bites.
- Serve with coconut flakes and/or fresh berries.
- Serve cold, these bites melt quickly!
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)