Lately, I’m all into simple salads. I just crave salads such as this spicy cauliflower salad. They are simple, quick to make, and very nourishing. I basically look what I have in the fridge, add spices, some herbs and nuts that I like at the moment…et voilà, a new salad is born. This one turned out to be a bit spicy. Remember I promised myself I would eat more spicy food? Well, I actually liked this spicy salad a lot. Of course you can make it more (or less) spicy if you wish.
This spicy cauliflower salad is bursting with flavours from the cumin, coriander, pistachios and pomegranate. I’m always in for surprising combi’s in the kitchen, as it makes healthy plant based food so exciting and delicious. If you are a cauliflower fan, you will probably also love this creamy cauliflower puree …
Let’s preheat the oven and get started!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon each: cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds, crushed or pounded using a pestle and mortar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (cold-pressed) extra-virgin olive oil
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Celtic sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mixed coriander and parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup (toasted) pistachios (roughly chopped if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish and sprinkle with the spices, garlic, olive oil and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until tender and slightly brown golden.
- Then place the cauliflower in a large bowl and add the herbs, pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
- Toss together and serve either warm or cold.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)