I have been eating and cooking with turmeric for a very long time, but since the days are becoming a bit warmer I thought that this would equal less cravings for my golden milk. Because in case you didn’t know I live for my Golden Milk and prepare it twice a day. But then Dana posted her Golden Milk Ice Cream and saved my turmeric summer depression. Thank you Dana! I modified her recipe a lot and narrowed it down to this super simple Golden Milk Popsicles recipe that everyone can make under 5 minutes. These golden milk popsicles are also a bit more approachable if you don’t own an ice cream maker like Dana.
I fooled the hubby (who is NOT a fan of turmeric) by giving him these popsicles and he devoured them not knowing he was eating quite a lot of turmeric. Mission accomplished!
There is no need to say goodbye to your golden milk this summer, just freeze it!
This recipe is of course vegan, gluten free and free from refined sugars with amazing spices such as cardamom, turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon.
I bought the popsicle molds in the Netherlands at Blokker and love that they are BPA-free, but Amazon also sells lots of BPA-free options.Print
If you think you have to say goodbye to turmeric now summer is coming, think again. This Golden Milk Popsicles is delicious and so easy to make!
- one big cup almond (or coconut milk/coconut cream)
- two or more pitted dates to sweeten
- half to 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- half a teaspoon cardemom powder
- half a teaspoon cinnamon powder
- dash of black pepper
- half a teaspoon ginger powder
- optional vanilla powder to taste
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender and pour the mixture in the popsicles holders. Freeze them for at least 3 hours.
photos by the green creator (c) (copyright)